Friday, January 8, 2010

A couple of good questions...

We have received a couple of good questions about how we'll handle certain things on the boat. We'll try to answer those as we go.

Here's a good one we've gotten a couple of times now:
"How the heck is the dog going to do his business on the boat? Are you taking a roll of sod? Tying a rope to him and throwing him overboard? Is he toilet-trained?"

It's funny,... this question about the doggy doo was also one of the first questions someone asked about the trip.
Actually, since we'll basically be harbor hopping on this first trip, we'll try to stop at least once a day so that Bo can get some exercise and do his thing. But he will also have a piece of astro turf that is attached to the stern of the boat by a line. Each time he uses it, we'll toss it overboard to drag for a spell, then pull it back on board to dry. He'll get real accustom to this system next fall, when we get to longer passages that will take several days.
As for tying a rope to him and throwing HIM overboard, I'm sure there will be plenty of times when we want to do that too!

"Are you going to be using wi-fi or will you have to wait until you are in port to use the internet?"

As far as the internet goes, most marinas have free wifi, so I'll probably have to send my emails and post to the blog when we are in port. But I know there are ways to get the internet when you're 'out there', I just don't know what those options are yet. I hope to ask people we meet along the way and see if anyone has any words of wisdom on the topic.

The truth is, this whole first trip is all gonna be trial and error. Trying different stuff to see what works and what doesn't! It should be REAL interesting...

4 comments:

kate said...

Oh! Oh! I have a question!

What do you call a bird with clipped wings?

SHARK BAIT!



buh dump bump!

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Tips are appreciated!

Dee said...

Who wants in on which one falls overboard first----dog or bird?

Dee said...

I say Bo does. He'll run full tilt along the deck, TRY to skid to a stop-----and over he goes! yuup, my money's on Bo.

Linda said...

My money is on Sid!