Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome to Sailing Quest




On Jan 11th, we'll be leaving Anacortes, WA to fly to Brunswick, GA to board our new boat, a 40 foot Island Packet.

We will use this blog to keep family and friends up on how were doing as we learn to deal with a new boat, each other as sailing partners in a small living space, and (probably the most interesting part...) having a dog and parrot on board.

We have a ton of preparations to make before we leave. Stuff like stopping mail, finding someone to care for the cats (who will stay behind for this first trip), house plant care, paying bills, and packing a load of equipment that we are having shipped down ahead of us, preparing the dog and parrot for travel, plus packing clothes... oh my... I guess the adventure has already begun.

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Well, you better update this blog more than twice while you're gone! I expect an update at least once a week! Have fun and be safe!

Andrea said...

Is there anyway you can set facebook to alert people when you update this?

Linda said...

I don't know, I'll check on that.

kate said...

Woohoo! This is so exciting! And yeah, we expect updates practically daily!!

Sarah and Jay said...

Hi, We're so excited to hear of your adventure. We hope to be doing the same thing soon. We'd love to meet up with you at some point. Until then, Happy Sailing!

LeAnn said...

I agree -- once a week or else ;)

Have fun!!

Unknown said...

Right on, Captain Sid! I wish you fair winds and following seas.

Terri Vellios Realtor said...

One Boat, One Man, One Woman, One Dog, One Cat, on One Amazing Adventure. May you have blue skys, fair seas, and the wind at your back.

Dee said...

Ahoy thar----uh, thar she blows---I'm trying to learn sailor speak. But I expect the parrot will learn it faster than I will.
This is so exciting I can hardly stand it----it must be a million times more so for you.
Go with our blessings and wishes for things to "go right".