Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18, 2010
Hi 69 Lo 64
Lat/Lon 24 33.3 N, 81 47.0 W

Yesterday, I went up the mast in the boson’s chair to put a new line through a small block on the spreader. Sid put the spare halyard on a winch and winched me up!

I always wanted to be a trapeze artist, one of those pretty ladies with the fancy sparkly costumes. Well, I never quite made it to the circus, but this felt pretty close! It was so cool! The view was lovely. It got a little spooky when a boat when by and the wake caused Quest to rock. I did some real swinging! Yeehaw! Actually, I had a death grip on the stanchions that hold the mast in place, so I really wasn’t going too far!

I didn’t go all the way to the top of the mast this time, only to the spreader which you see above me in the photo. But I will need to go all the way up at some point. We need to replace the colored light at the very top of the mast to a white one. Colored is for being underway at night, which we don’t do much. The white one signifies that you are anchored out, which we do a lot.

Our friends Rob and Apryl are here. They’re our neighbors in Anacortes. Great people, very fun!. We’re excited to have them here on the boat.

Tomorrow, we are going to the Dry Tortugas. We have a good weather window, so now’s the time. The next few days are all supposed to be in the 70’s. Yipppeeee!!!

We probably won’t have internet access until we get back from the Tortugas. But when we get back, I’ll try to go in to town to access WiFi, so that I can post lots of pictures.

<--- See my little tiny Bo dog down there? He had his first birthday yesterday! He's not zero anymore! Now he's 1! No more puppy chow for the DUDE!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Eeeeeeeeeeek! That would be scary!

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Dee said...

Yeow ! You are brave----and gee, do you speak "boat". On a car, I know um, door,---trunk, ---engine ---and that's about it. " Thing-a-ma-jig" is my term for most everything.

You are a fer piece up !

Gig & Bill said...

I just sent you a comment but don't know if it went through. Sorry if I am repeating myself. First off I am so jealous of all you guys. It was bad enough having one of my neighbors (you) in the warmth, but now with Rob there also it really it tough. I have seen the boys the last couple of times over there, but they will be really happy to see you. One of them might be turning into a feral cat. I have been trying to spend time with him - they really miss you guys. They have been staying in the house alot which is great. No extra animals or catch have been brought in. When are you coming home???? Can't wait to hear from Rob when he gets back - I think that is tomorrow. Miss you guys and can't wait to hear more when you get back to shore.

Dee said...

WELCOME BACK. So good to hear from you !