Friday, February 5, 2010

The Runaway Dinghy

Lat/Lon 25 42.7 N, 80 9.9 W

Day 19 of my captivity.
I made a break for it today. That stupid dog that rides around hanging off my bow cut his foot today during his shore leave. My male captor, in his hurry to get the dog back on the Mother Ship, forgot to tie me up. I did my best to escape. While my captors were checking the dog’s foot, I silently floated away. I only made it about 40 feet away when the male noticed me missing and squealed on me. Curse the slow current in this damn Intercoastal Waterway!

Before I knew it, my captors had the Mother Ship hot on my tail. Knowing the Mother Ship would not be able to follow me there, I made a break for shallow water. Wouldn’t you know it! My female captor JUMPED INTO THE WATER and swam after me! Damn her! She caught me! We struggled! I tried to keep her from getting aboard. I though she’d become exhausted and give up, but damn my bad luck, some man from another ship used his poor captive dinghy and took the woman and I both back to the Mother Ship. But not to worry, I will not give up this struggle for my freedom!

Day 23 of my captivity.

I made another break for it today. I was SURE I’d succeed this time! It was almost dark, my captors were looking for a place to anchor for the night. The female had tied me to the stern of the Mother Ship. I knew her knots were not as strong as the knots the male ties. I thought with the rough seas and strong current, I might be able to pull free. I gave it my best try, and pulled with all my might. Success! I was free!

While my captors were distracted, I stealthily slipped away. It was nearly dark now. If I could just get a little ways away, they’d never find me in the dark! I’m gray, with a black motor. At night, the water is gray with black swells. Perfect camouflage! I think I’m really going to make it this time, when I notice the female has binoculars! They noticed I was missing! DRATS! I’ve been spotted! They are heading this way! MUST MOVE FASTER! I’ve got to shake them!

What’s this? They stopped. It’s pitch dark now. They can’t see me! I lost them! They’ve given up the search! I LOST them! I did it!!! I’m free!

I’m drifting along, feeling sure of my success this time, when suddenly - out of nowhere, There’s the Mother Ship! 20 feet in front of me! Curse this blasted current! It brought me right back! OH NO! The male is right there on the bow, and he saw me! He’s calling the female up on deck!
She did it again! The female jumped in and grabbed me! Arrrggghh!!! But I can fight her off! This water is rougher than last time. She’ll never get on board! And there’s nobody around to help her this time! She’ll become exhausted and just slip away, and I’ll be free of her - of them – forever!!! Bwaaah ha ha ha!!!

What? What’s this? She’s learned how to use my motor as a ladder! She got in and is taking me back! And the Mother Ship is coming this way too! Curses! Foiled again!!!

Day 25 of captivity.
I feel my strength draining. Another failed attempt today. During a docking into a tight area, my captors moved me to the side off the Mother Ship’s beam. They were very distracted. I knew if I could wiggle away…

I saw one of my brethren bound to another ship. I made a break for him. But rather than assist me, the stool pigeon grabbed me and held me until my captors found me and pulled me back.

I couldn’t believe that one of my own would turn on me. His captors must have him brainwashed. I’ve heard of instances where hostages, after a while, actually begin to look to their captors for safety. Their mind becomes weak, they loose their will to fight. They give up and accept their fate. –sigh- Perhaps I am getting weak too. Perhaps my struggle to escape is futile…

3 comments:

Logically Flawed said...

That's one dingy dingy...

kate said...

Haha! You silly dingy! You'll never escape! Bwhahahahaaaa!!!

Dee said...

Ringy Dingy ! The Female Captor must be bruised physically and mentally by now and just MAY let that Ringy Dingy Dingy go next time. Keep trying you nasty little excuse for a boat and just see how you like freedom-----there's sharks out there and they B I T E !